The International Council of
Academies of Engineering and Technological Sciences (CAETS), is a private,
nonprofit corporation, incorporated in the District of Columbia, United States
websites, mobile applications, or other online service created by CAETS.
Use of Third-Party Services
CAETS may use third-party services to better engage with our visitors or to collect data by means of forms, surveys, subscriptions, or other online data-entry mechanisms. We are not responsible for the terms of service or privacy policies of any third-party service providers.
User’s Grant of Nonexclusive License
By providing data in response to this website, or otherwise participating in or using any communications service, chat session, webcast, message board, user forum, personalized area, or other interactive activity on this website (content), you:
- grant CAETS a nonexclusive irrevocable worldwide license in any media now or hereafter known to use, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed, and promote the content in any form, anywhere and for any purpose; and
- warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content and that public posting or other use of the content by CAETS will not infringe or violate the property or other rights of any third party.
Rules of User Conduct
You agree to abide by all procedures and requirements of CAETS, including, but not limited to, agreeing not to use this website for any unlawful purpose. By posting information, participating in, listening to, or otherwise using any communications service, chat session, webcast, message board, user forum, personalized area, or other interactive service that may be available to you on or through this website, you agree that you will not upload, post, or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any content, including text, communications, software, images, sounds, data, or other information, that:
- infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other property right of any party;
- constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail (“spamming”), chain letters, any other form of unauthorized solicitation, or any form of lottery or gambling;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment, or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of any third party;
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts, or otherwise violates the rules or policies of CAETS;
- victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability; or
- impersonates any person or entity.
CAETS does not routinely pre-screen, monitor, or edit the content posted
by users of chat sessions, message boards, news groups, webcasts, or other
interactive services that may be available on or through this website. However,
CAETS may, in its sole discretion, perform such screening, editing, or
monitoring and remove any content that, in CAETS judgment, does not comply with
is not responsible for any failure or delay in removing such content.
Tapes or Transcripts of Public Meetings
Webcasts, audio/video recordings, or transcripts of open meetings or sessions, workshops, symposia, or public data-gathering meetings sponsored by CAETS, which are made available on this website, are not official reports of CAETS. Opinions and statements included in such audio or video recordings, transcripts, or webcasts of such events are solely those of the individual persons or participants, and are not necessarily adopted or endorsed or verified as accurate by CAETS.
Disclaimer of Warranties
There is no guarantee that any transmission of data over the Internet is completely secure. CAETS cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Any such transmission is done at your own risk.
ALL MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE (THE “CONTENT”) ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” FOR YOUR USE. THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, CAETS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS SITE.
Upon a request by CAETS, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless CAETS and its employees, officers, council members, and agents from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including attorney’s fees, that arise from your use or misuse of this website. CAETS reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will cooperate with CAETS in asserting any available defenses.
Persons who access this website from outside the United States are solely responsible for compliance with all applicable laws.
Choice of Law and Forum
Severability and Integration
Unless otherwise specified herein, this agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and CAETS with respect to this website and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals (whether oral, written, or electronic) between you and CAETS with respect to this website.